Recipe by Brooke the Cook in WI
Strawberries and cukes over mixed greens with a low fat poppyseed dressing. Great as a main meal or pretty side-dish. Serves 3-4 as a main dish.
Top Review by FLKeysJen
Love the dressing! It is quite sweet and the strawberries are too, so this is a salad that kids would probably enjoy (especially if you used iceberg). I thought it could use more dressing and almonds for such a huge amount of lettuce.
- 1 lemon (zest of)
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 29.58 ml white wine vinegar
- 29.58 ml Splenda sugar substitute
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml poppy seed
- 59.14 ml sliced almonds, toasted
- 473.18 ml strawberries, quartered
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced and cut in half
- 118.29 ml red onion, chopped finely
- 170.09 g mixed spring greens