Recipe by Brooke the Cook in WI
Strawberries and cukes over mixed greens with a low fat poppyseed dressing. Great as a main meal or pretty side-dish. Serves 3-4 as a main dish.
Top Review by FLKeysJen
Love the dressing! It is quite sweet and the strawberries are too, so this is a salad that kids would probably enjoy (especially if you used iceberg). I thought it could use more dressing and almonds for such a huge amount of lettuce.
- 1 lemon (zest of)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 cups strawberries, quartered
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced and cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped finely
- 6 ounces mixed spring greens