Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Strawberries and cukes over mixed greens with a low fat poppyseed dressing. Great as a main meal or pretty side-dish. Serves 3-4 as a main dish.
- 1 lemon (zest of)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 cups strawberries, quartered
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced and cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped finely
- 6 ounces mixed spring greens
- For dressing, zest the lemon and squeeze 2 T of juice from lemon. Combine lemon zest and juice, vinegar, splenda, oil and poppy seeds with wire whisk.
- In a large bowl combine salad ingredients. Toss with poppyseed dressing, serve immediately.
Love the dressing! It is quite sweet and the strawberries are too, so this is a salad that kids would probably enjoy (especially if you used iceberg). I thought it could use more dressing and almonds for such a huge amount of lettuce.
Excellent! I already had some lemon poppy seed dressing on hand but used the recipe for a perfect combination to pour it over. I used iceberg lettuce and my almonds were candied. Next time I will use this recipe for the dressing as well. Thanks for posting such a delightful recipe, Brooke the Cook in WI.
This was delicious! The lemon zest was so good in it! The only change I made was to use sugar instead of Splenda (DH is a bit picky about it). We also didn't toast the almonds, but they were perfect as is. The veggies (and fruit) were all organic - I swear you can taste the difference! Thanks for the new and tasty addition to our salad repertoire! Made for PRMR Tag.