Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a very tasty salad recipe from one of the gourmet markets in our area. I love it because most strawberry salads I've seen use spinach leaves instead of lettuce and spinach is a tough sell with my family. If you can't find honey roasted sesame sticks, use praline pecans or those packaged almonds. The point is to have a nutty crunch. Hope you enjoy.
- 6 -7 cups italian blend salad greens
- 1⁄2-1 cup red onion, sliced fine
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, cut into fine strips
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, matchstick cut
- 1⁄2 cup honey roasted sesame sticks
- 1 -2 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup poppy seed dressing (I use Brianna's)
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl - toss and serve.