Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 24 mins
Simple, yet elegent dessert courtesy of Family Circle magazine.
- 1 quart strawberry, hulled and quartered
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely minced of fresh mint, plus more
- of fresh mint, for garnish
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen puff pastry shells (such as Pepperidge Farm)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- In a bowl, stir strawberries, 2 tablespoons of the sugar, the vinegar and minced mint; refrigerate 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Brush tops of pastry shells with milk; sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar. Bake for 22 minutes. Remove from oven. Carefully remove tops with a fork; set aside.
- Return shells to oven for an additional 2 minutes. Remove from oven and brush inside of shells with strawberry jam.
- Spoon 1/2 cup strawberry salad into each shell. Rest top on the side, garnish with fresh mint sprigs and serve.