Recipe by Cyberspace Monkey
You can use substitute drained canned mandarine orange slices or any fresh fruit in season you desire in this recipe. This is a very surprising recipe with the mixture of strawberries and onions. The mixture of the strawberry and onion flavours surpises you!
Top Review by -Patrish
Made as written except that I combined romaine and spinach leaves both. It was absolutely FANTASTIC. We loved it and the dressing is just to die for! Thanks so much for sharing!
- 1 package fresh spinach leaves or 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 medium-size red onion
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (do not substitute)
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Dressing: Mix sugar,mayonnaise and sour cream together.
- Add milk, apple cider vinegar and poppy seeds Stir well to blend and ensure sugar is dissolved.
- Refrigerate dressing overnight Next day Wash, dry and tear the lettuce up.
- If using spinach leave the whole leaves if nice and tender ones.
- You might want to tear the leaves if they're larger ones.
- Slice red onion into thin slices.
- Slice strawberries into thin slices.
- Just before serving your salad, pour enough dressing over the salad to moisten all ingredients.
- You might have a little dressing left over depending upon the amount of spinach/romain you use in salad.
- Toss and serve salad.