Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A beautiful recipe from my "What's Cooking in New England" cookbook. The picture alone is worth 5 stars -- it would be a wonderful brunch or special occasion salad. Feel free to change the vinegar to raspberry or another fruit vinegar and adjust the oil to your taste.
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and torn into bite size pieces
- 1 head bibb lettuce, washed and torn into bite size pieces
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Arrange lettuce in a large salad bowl and top with strawberries, pecans and cheese. Whisk together ingredients for the dressing. Just before serving, gently toss salad with dressing and serve.