Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a wonderful salad to serve on a hot summer day. It combines the green leafy lettuce with the fresh strawberries and a light and tasty dressing!
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large head romaine lettuce
- 1 head boston lettuce
- 1 pint fresh sliced strawberry
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Combine the above dressing ingredients in a large jar.
- Cover tightly and shake well (can be stored in the fridge for a week).
- Tear the lettuce into bite size pieces.
- Combine lettuce, strawberries, cheese & walnuts in a large salad bowl.
- Shake the dressing and pour over salad.
- Toss gently and enjoy!