Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Created for RSC #11. I make the dressing in the blender.
Make and share this Strawberry Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 ounces strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 3 ounces fresh spinach leaves, washed
- 6 ounces mixed baby greens, washed
- 1⁄2 ounce pecans, chopped
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons asiago cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 shallot (pureed or finely minced)
- 1⁄3 cup blood orange juice
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup champagne
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- salt and pepper
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl and toss.
- For dressing, blend together the shallots, blood orange juice, and champagne. Gradually add the olive oil and blend well.
- Add sugar and mix (this is to cut down the acidity of the shallots, if you need to use less or more, please do so to taste.) Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss salad with dressing (as much or as little as desired.) and top with asiago cheese.
I loved the combination of sweet and salty that was provided by the strawberries and bacon. The dressing ingredients makes quite a bit and was refrigerated for later use. In place of the champagne, I used a non-alcoholic alternative.