Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from my oldest daughter. She made it last June for her dad's 70th birthday party. It was delicious and everyone loved it.
- 2 heads boston lettuce
- 1⁄2-1 pint strawberry, sliced
- 1 -2 ounce feta cheese, crumbled (1/4 - 1/2 pkg)
- chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 minced garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Heat sugar and vinegar until sugar is dissolved; remove from heat.
- Add the rest of the ingredients; blend well and chill.
- Wash lettuce and shred.
- Add sliced strawberries and feta cheese.
- Toss with dressing prior to serving.
- Sprinkle chopped walnuts.
This dressing is great. I added some raspberry puree to it and my Dh couldn't step away from it.I didn't use boston lettuce but a spring mix and didn't have any walnuts. I put some pan fried chicken breast on top. It was just stellar though. The dressing had just the right mix of sweet and sour. I put the vinegar and sugar in a bowl and microwaved it for about a minute. That was enough to get the sugar dissolved. I then added everything else and let it cool. I hade more of the dressing togay for a salad at lunch and I think I might get more lettuce just to have a salad at dinner tonight.