Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
As seen in Self Magazine - July 2014. Quick and easy homemade strawberry syrup melds with cream when fizzled with club soda.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs strawberries, hulled
- 1 cup strawberry, wedges
- 1⁄2 cup simple syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, fresh
- 1 cup white rum
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream, small
- 16 ounces club soda
- In a blender, puree hulled strawberries, simple syrup, lemon juice and rum until smooth.
- Strain through a fine-mesh sieve, pressing seeds to extract as much liquid as possible.
- Discard seeds.
- Add simple syrup to taste. (optional and this is in addition to the simple syrup you pureed).
- Divide strawberry syrup among 4 tall glasses.
- Pour 4 oz club soda into each glass and stir gently to combine.
- Divide strawberry wedges among glassed and top with a small scoop of ice cream each.
- Serve immediately with long straws and spoons.