Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From food down under.
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup rum
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pint strawberry, halved
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup rum
- Mix cake mix, strawberry gelatin, rum, oil, eggs and vanilla together in a large bowl. Beat for 2 minutes at high speed; for 1 minute at low speed.
- Pour into greased and floured 10" tube pan or Bundt pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cool in pan on cake rack for 20 minutes.
- Combine glaze ingredients and bring to boil over medium heat. Simmer gently for 3 minutes. Prick cake with toothpick or tines of fork and slowly pour small amount of glaze on cake. Arrange strawberry halves on top of cake. Pour remaining glaze over strawberries and cake. Serve at once or refrigerate.