Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
really good, and very pretty, great summer dessert. Your family will love it.
- 4 egg whites
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- sugar, for sprinkling
- 1 cup strawberry, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup fromage frais or 3⁄4 cup cream cheese
- Preaheat oven to 400°F Oil a 9 x 13 inch jelly roll pan and line with waxed paper.
- Place egg whites in a large clean bowl and whisk until they form soft peaks. Gradually whisk in sugar. Fold in hlf the flour, then fold in the rest with the orange juice.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan, spreading evenly. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until it is golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Meanwhile spread out a sheet of waxed paper and sprinkle with sugar. Turn out the cake onto this and remove the lining paper. Roll up the cake loosely from the short side, with paper inside. cool.
- Unroll and remove the paper. Stir the strawberries into the fromage frais and spread over the cake. Roll up and serve decorated with strawberries.
Excellent recipe. The cake is rather sensitive, so I'm always sure to bake it in a preheated oven for exactly 18 minutes.