Prep 35 mins
Cook 30 mins
You know, this recipe's name makes my mouth water:) Isn't it the same with you? If just the name has this effect, imagine what it would be like to taste this sinful dessert? Imagination is one thing; trying it is another! Do the latter and keep doing it, that's the idea;-)! Enjoy okai!?!!
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, sliced very thinly
- 500 ml whipping cream
- 330 g egg whites
- 350 g caster sugar
- 350 g icing sugar
- 40 g cornflour
- 300 g of your favourite strawberry ice cream
- Put the egg whites in a bowl and whip well with an electric whipping attachment that comes with your egg beater.
- Add castor sugar and mix well until the mixture develops into soft peaks.
- Fold in the icing sugar and cornflour.
- Place in a piping bag and pipe long sticks of the meringue onto grease-proof paper on a tray.
- Bake in a very low heated oven at approximate 55C for 30 minutes or until crisp.
- Arrange the slices of strawberries equally onto 4 plates.
- Whip the cream lightly and cut one punnet of strawberries into small cubes.
- Blend the remaining strawberries to a smooth sauce with a little water.
- Mix the cut strawberries into the cream and a little of the sauce.
- Arrange the dish on to the place with some sauce and a ball of the delicious ice cream.
- Place one meringue stick on top of each dish.
- Serve, relish it and enjoy!
- COOKING TIPS: Drizzle some chocolate on top of the meringue sticks to get a wow touch!
- You can use raspberries instead of strawberries or as well as strawberries.
- Place a little bit of sponge or some finely chopped pistachios under the ice cream to stop it sliding about.