Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Strawberry season here we come!!! I saw this on a local news show at noon and had to make it!
- 1 quart fresh strawberries (halved)
- 1⁄2 cup almond liqueur
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- toasted sliced almonds
- Stir together first 3 ingredients. Cover and chill 3 hours.
- Beat whipping cream until foamy; gradually add powdered sugar and almond extract, beating mixture until soft peaks form.
- Spoon berries into stemmed glasses, and top with whipped cream. Garnish, if desired with toasted almonds.