Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
My friend Tina brought this to Easter dinner and I have been craving it ever since. This is a delicious and simple salad! The number of servings is a guesstimate. This feeds a crowd. For my family of 5, I halve the recipe.
For the Salad
- 2 heads romaine lettuce (or use prepared bags)
- 1 pint strawberry
- 1 small red onion, quartered and sliced
For the Dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- For the salad: Wash heads of lettuce and let drain extremely well. Wash and slice strawberries. Tear lettuce into pieces, add strawberries and onions.
- For the dressing:Put all of the ingredients in a container with a lid. Whisk quickly, place the lid on and shake well.
- Just before serving, pour the dressing over the salad and toss well.
I had a major problem with the dressing as it was far too runny and thin, even after adding extra mayo to try to give it some body. The dressing just ran off the salad greens and pooled in the bottom of the bowl and made everything soggy. I used this recipe because my family is out of town and I had wanted to make this salad, but didn't have the recipe they usually use. If anyone makes this, leave out the milk and adjust the consistancy as you think it needs it.
Just made this for my lunch, it is wonderful. I added a little crumbly blue cheese and some chopped pecans. Next time, I will grill some chicken and call it dinner. Dressing is very tasty, would use it on any salad. thanks for the recipe