Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
This is a light and tasty dessert that can be prepared, served and enjoyed any time during the year. It is also delicious when made with other seasonal fruits besides strawberries...such as blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, pineapple, kiwi, etc...and you can even add cocoa powder to make it a "chocolate" roll cake. A flavor for every mood! Enjoy!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 12 ounces whipped topping
- 16 ounces fresh strawberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a rimmed cookie sheet with wax paper.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate larger bowl, beat eggs until thick.
- Gradually beat in sugar.
- Blend in water and vanilla.
- Gradually add sifted dry ingredients and beat just until smooth.
- Pour batter onto wax lined rimmed cookie sheet and spread evenly with spatula.
- Bake 12-15 minutes in oven at 375 degrees.
- While cake is hot and fresh from the oven, roll in a powdered sugar covered towel and place in refrigerator until cooled completely (about an hour).
- When cake is completely cooled, remove from refrigerator and unroll. Spread whipped topping on cake and sprinkle with chopped strawberries. Re-roll.
- Garnish with additional strawberries, whipped topping and/or powdered sugar! Enjoy!
- **For a chocolate cake, add ¼ cup cocoa at step 2.
This was just what I was looking for! It was a nice light dessert to use some very yummy strawberries. I look forward to making this again. (2)
This is so delicious! It is light so I don't feel bad about making it! It is very easy and quick to make.