1 hr 10 mins
A very unusual savory dish as published in our local paper. Cooking time is approximate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat stock in medium saucepan, and keep it at a low simmer, covered.
- 2Melt butter over low heat in large, heavy-bottomed pan.
- 3Sauté onion until softened but not brown, 5 to 10 minutes.
- 4Add rice and toast it for several minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon to coat grains in butter.
- 5Increase heat to medium-low and add wine. Cook until it evaporates.
- 6In a bowl, mash berries roughly with potato masher.
- 7Set aside.
- 8Begin adding stock, one ladleful at a time, cooking and stirring constantly.
- 9Add another ladleful when the previous is just about absorbed.
- 10Keep pot at a low but active simmer.
- 11You'll be stirring and adding for about 20 minutes.
- 12Halfway through cooking process, add mashed berries.
- 13When rice is almost tender, stir in cream and season with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Strawberry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (355 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 609.3
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 42.7 mg
- Sodium 80.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: