Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A very unusual savory dish as published in our local paper. Cooking time is approximate.
Make and share this Strawberry Risotto recipe from Food.com.
- Heat stock in medium saucepan, and keep it at a low simmer, covered.
- Melt butter over low heat in large, heavy-bottomed pan.
- Sauté onion until softened but not brown, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add rice and toast it for several minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon to coat grains in butter.
- Increase heat to medium-low and add wine. Cook until it evaporates.
- In a bowl, mash berries roughly with potato masher.
- Set aside.
- Begin adding stock, one ladleful at a time, cooking and stirring constantly.
- Add another ladleful when the previous is just about absorbed.
- Keep pot at a low but active simmer.
- You'll be stirring and adding for about 20 minutes.
- Halfway through cooking process, add mashed berries.
- When rice is almost tender, stir in cream and season with salt and pepper.
This is a really exciting recipe. Its perfect for spring. I first found it in a swiss cooking magazine and tried it because it was seasonal and I had strawberries on hand. The mix of flavours is so delicate and delicious it shouldnt be overlooked because of the ingredients. The colour is beautiful. One has to be a bit adventerous, but its worth it!