Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
GREAT WITH COFFEE!! Reward yourself to this wonderful cake that is pretty enough to serve guests! Use either fresh or frozen strawberries. Very easy to prepare!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups strawberries, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Cream butter and sugar. Add beaten egg and mix.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Add alternately with milk. Do not beat -- just fold lightly together. Pour one-half of batter into a greased 8 x 8 inch pan.
- Combine crushed strawberries, pecans, 1/4 cup sugar and nutmeg.
- Pour one-half of strawberry mixture over the batter in pan. Top with remaining cake batter, then the remaining strawberry mixture.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes. Suggestion: Serve warm topped with whipped cream or cool whip.
I served it with homemade whip cream and it was heavenly!
Wonderful cake recipe! Everyone here loved it! Thanks for sharing.