Recipe by lauralie41
I have only had rice pudding once and it is my mom's favorite. Adding fresh strawberries can only make this pudding better. The recipe is from Just Berry Recipe's website.
Top Review by brokenburner
This didn't quite turn out to be a PUDDING for me, but I think that's partly my fault. I used brown rice, so it took longer to cook, and so I should have used more liquid; I also skipped the margarine / butter. I quartered the recipe to get one serving, and used almond milk and Splenda. I added some more almond milk right before eating it, and that helped the texture some, but I think the rice needed to cook longer and in more liquid. Made for Photo Swap; thanks for posting!
- 473.18 ml skim milk
- 1.23 ml ground nutmeg
- 0.59 ml ground allspice
- 0.59 ml salt
- 78.07 ml long-grain rice
- 9.85 ml margarine or 9.85 ml butter
- 4.92 ml Equal sugar substitute, or 3 or 4 pkts. EQUAL, to taste
- 591.47 ml strawberries, fresh and sliced
- skim milk (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a two quart saucepan bring to a boil the two cups of skim milk, ground nutmeg, ground allspice, and salt. Stir in the rice, cover, and cook over low heat for approximately 30 minutes or until most of the milk is absorbed. Stir occasionally while cooking.
- Remove pan from, stir in margarine and Equal sugar substitute. Let cool, than cover and chill in the refrigerator. Just before serving, gently fold in strawberries and add additional milk if desired.