Recipe by internetnut
Super-Cheap! Children go mad for this unbelievably simple rice pudding. All it takes to whip it up is a mixer. This came from Cheap. Fast. Good! I have not tried this, just posting for safe keeping.
- 1 cup already cooked medium grain rice or 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream or 1 cup low-fat whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 strawberry jam or 1⁄4 preserves
- fresh strawberries, for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the rice in a 2-quart or larger saucepan, add 1 cup water, and heat over medium heat until the rice is rehydrated, about 10 minutes. Drain, if necessary, and set aside to cool completely.
- In the small bowl of an electric mixer,whip the cream on high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, and continue to whip untl stiff peaks form.
- Stir in the rice and the jam, and spoon the mixture into individual serving dishes. Garnish with strawberries, if desired, and serve.