1/1 Photo of Strawberry Ribbon Cake
This recipe came out of my mom's first cookbook, a Family Circle cookbook she bought as a newlywed in 1972. She's been making this wonderful cake ever since. She baked it for my last birthday, and I must say it's still my favorite cake!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the cake
- 3 cups sifted cake flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks/8 oz.)
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon red food coloring
For the Strawberry Butter Cream
- 1For the cake:.
- 2Grease two baking pans, 8x8x2; dust with flour.
- 3Sift cake flour, baking powder, and salt onto wax paper. Cream butter until soft in a large bowl; beat in sugar gradually until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until fluffy again, then flavorings.
- 4Stir in flour mixture, alternately with milk, just until blended. Spoon half the batter into one pan; stir food coloring into remaining batter; pour into second pan. Bake in moderate oven (375°F) 35 minutes, or until centers spring back when pressed with fingertip. Cool layers in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; turn out onto racks; cool completely.
- 5Split each cooled layer; put together, alternating pink and yellow, with part of the strawberry butter cream; frost sides and top with remaining.
- 6For the Strawberry Butter Cream:.
- 7Blend cream cheese with butter until fluffy in a medium-size bowl; beat in strawberries. Stir in 2 cups of the confectioners' sugar until smooth. Measure out 1 1/2 cups of the mixture for filling. Beat remaining confectioners' sugar into remaining mixture in bowl for frosting.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Ribbon Cake
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 631.8
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 131.2 mg
- Sodium 361.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 70.8 g
- Protein 6.1 g