Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
An easy way to use your fresh rhubarb and strawberries with a box cake mix. Uses a 9 x 13 pan so you'll need a large serving plate to turn it upside down on. Or, you can divide it in two smaller round cake pans.
- Preheat oven to 350F (325F for dark non-stick pans). Melt butter in rectangular pan, 9 x 13 inches in oven. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over butter.
- Arrange strawberries and rhubarb on brown sugar evenly. Press them into the brown sugar gently.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cake mix with water, oil and eggs until smooth. Pour batter over strawberries and rhubarb.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until toothpick is inserted in center and comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and immediately run a knife around the sides of the pan to loosen the cake. CAREFYLLY, turn pan upside down onto a heatproof serving plate. Leave pan over cake for 1 minute so the brown sugar topping can drizzle over the cake.
- Cool for 30 minutes. Serve warm or cool with a dolup of whipped cream on top. Store loosely covered.
Delicious, not to wet of a cake...everyone had seconds. Serve soon after initial cooling period for freshest taste and texture.