1/1 Photo of Strawberry Rhubarb Super Crumble
Oliver & Fischer's Mommy's Note:
The crumble topping for this strawberry rhubarb dessert is simple amazing! This is a very forgiving recipe. Add more or less strawberries or rhubarb, double the crumble topping, or try it with other berries. Any way you make it you will be super satisfied! When I bake this, I leave the berries whole and end up with sweet soft chunks of berries in every bite. Yum!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the topping
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar or 3 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
For the filling
- 1Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- 2Prepare topping: Combine flour, baking powder, sugars and lemon zest and add the melted butter. Mix until small and large clumps form. Refrigerate until needed.
- 3Prepare filling: Toss rhubarb, strawberries, lemon juice, sugar, cornstarch and a pinch of salt in a deep oven safe dish.
- 4Remove topping from refrigerator and cover fruit thickly and evenly with topping. Place pie plate on a baking sheet, and bake until crumble topping is golden brown in places and fruit is bubbling beneath, about 40 to 50 minutes.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Rhubarb Super Crumble
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.0
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 94.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 34.9 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of