1/1 Photo of Strawberry Rhubarb Streusel Muffins
One of the best rhubarb muffins! Although I have not tried it as yet, I really do think this would be a good recipe to make as a cake!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups firmly-packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice, almost to room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream (not cold, almost room temperature)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup finely diced fresh rhubarb
- 3/4 cup diced fresh strawberries
- 1Set oven to 375°F (will reduce heat later).
- 2Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners, or sray with non stick cooking spray.
- 3To make topping: mix the sugar, cinnamon together, cut in the butter to make a crumbly mixture, mix in the finely chopped nuts; set aside.
- 4In a large mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar, egg, oil and vanilla; stir/whisk to blend well.
- 5Stir in orange juice and sour cream; mix well to combine.
- 6In another bowl, mix together flour, salt, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder; mix well.
- 7Blend the dry ingredients into the wet mixture to partially combine (do not overmix, the batter should be like a thick cake batter), if still too thick add in some orange juice to loosen.
- 8Fold in the strawberries and rhubarb carefully not to overmix batter.
- 9Divide the batter evenly in prepared muffin tins (I use an ice cream scoop for this).
- 10Sprinkle a generous amount of streusel mix over the batter.
- 11Reduce heat to 350°F.
- 12Place the muffins immediately in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until muffins are golden and test done.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Rhubarb Streusel Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 470.0
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 25.5 mg
- Sodium 204.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 40.6 g
- Protein 5.1 g