Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A great summertime pie to make when fruit is in season --- use only fresh fruit frozen will cause the filling to become watery
- 1 (10 inch) pie crusts, unbaked (my butter pie crust Kittencal's No-Fail Buttery Flaky Pie Pastry/Crust works well for this)
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sour cream or 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3 3⁄4 cups fresh rhubarb, diced
- 1 3⁄4 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup cold butter (no subs please!)
- Set oven to 425 degrees F (will reduce heat later).
- Make certain that oven rack is set to lowest position.
- In a large bowl combine sugar, flour, sour cream (or yogurt if using) rhubarb and sliced strawberries; mix/toss to combine well.
- Spoon into prepared pie shell.
- In a small bowl mix together the flour and brown sugar.
- Cut in the cold butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle on top of the fruit mixture in the pie shell.
- Place the pie plate onto a baking sheet to catch spills.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees F and continue baking for another 30 minutes.
- Best served warm with ice cream.