1 hr 5 mins
A great summertime pie to make when fruit is in season --- use only fresh fruit frozen will cause the filling to become watery
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 inch) pie crusts, unbaked (my butter pie crust Kittencal's No-Fail Buttery Flaky Pie Pastry/Crust works well for this)
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sour cream or 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3 3/4 cups fresh rhubarb, diced
- 1 3/4 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cold butter (no subs please!)
- 1Set oven to 425 degrees F (will reduce heat later).
- 2Make certain that oven rack is set to lowest position.
- 3In a large bowl combine sugar, flour, sour cream (or yogurt if using) rhubarb and sliced strawberries; mix/toss to combine well.
- 4Spoon into prepared pie shell.
- 5In a small bowl mix together the flour and brown sugar.
- 6Cut in the cold butter until crumbly.
- 7Sprinkle on top of the fruit mixture in the pie shell.
- 8Place the pie plate onto a baking sheet to catch spills.
- 9Bake for 15 minutes.
- 10Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees F and continue baking for another 30 minutes.
- 11Best served warm with ice cream.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Rhubarb Sour Cream Pie With Crumb Topping
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 484.3
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 27.9 mg
- Sodium 194.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 48.7 g
- Protein 4.4 g