Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
The Perfect Scoop
Make and share this Strawberry-Rhubarb Sorbet recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces rhubarb
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 10 ounces fresh strawberries, rinsed and hulled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Wash rhubarb stalks and trim the stem and leaf ends; cut rhubarb into ½ -inch pieces.
- Put rhubarb, water, and sugar in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Decrease heat, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes, or until the rhubarb is tender and cooked through.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Slice the strawberries and puree them with the cooked rhubarb mixture and the lemon juice in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Chill the mixture thoroughly, then freeze it in your ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s directions.
I have made this once before and I wished I had doubled the recipe. It was so good!