Recipe by internetnut
Make sure to keep the pie dough chilled until ready to use. If the crust you buy has different baking times and temperatures than before, follow the directions on the package. Skip the lattice crust, if you perfer, and top the pie with a whole circle of dough, pressing the edges together to seal and cutting two or three slits in the top to allow steam to escape. This came from The Oprah Magazine. I have not tried this recipe posting for safe keeping.
- 10 inches pie crusts (1 packaged refrigerated pie crust dough- (2 crust package)
- 1 lb strawberry, hulled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1⁄2 lb rhubarb, cutinto 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 cup raspberries
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange a large baking sheet on the bottom rack of the oven and preheat to 400. Line a 91/2" or 10" pie pan with one of the crusts; set aside. In a large bowl, gently toss together strawberries, rhubarb, raspberries, sugar, and cornstarch until well coated, then transfer to prepared pie pan.
- Working on a sheet of parchment paper, cut remaining crust into 10 strips, each about 1" wide.
- Lay half the strips across the pie at even intervals, then weave the remaining strips in and out to make a lattice crust. Press edges together to seal, and then trim off or fold under any remaining dough.
- Bake 45 minutes, and the reduce heat to 375. Continue to bake until fruit is bubbly and crust is golden brown, about 30 minutes more. Set aside to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.