Recipe by QueenJellyBean
I love strawberry rhubarb anything ....so what better than another excuse to mix the two flavors!
Top Review by Gerry
We love rhubarb everything too - so just couldn't resist giving this a go. I was very surprised to find how well the dry jello worked in this recipe - folding in the whipped topping mellowed that jello! Pink Lady is a great name for this delicious dessert and one I will make next rhubarb season - noted still have some nice red stalks out there so maybe I won't be waiting that long!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- For crust, mix 1 1/2 c flour, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 1/2 T sugar, 1/2 c oil and 2 T milk. Press into a 9 inch pie pan, making an edge.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Cool.
- Cook rhubarb and 1 cup sugar slowly until tender. Add dry jello and stir gently until dissolved. Cool.
- Add lemon juice to rhubarb mixture. Fold in Cool Whip.
- Pour into crust;refrigerate.
- Can be frozen.