- Combine eggs, sugar, flour, salt, and nutmeg; mix well.
- Combine rhubarb and strawberries.
- Line 9" pie plate with pastry; fill with fruits.
- Pour egg mixture over.
- Dot with butter.
- Top with lattice crust, crimping edge high.
- Bake at 400 degrees about 40 minutes.
- Fill openings in lattice crust with whole strawberries.
- Serve warm- plain, or topped with vanilla ice cream.
Excellent recipe! For my first Strawberry-Rhubarb pie experience. I did find however using store bought pie shells there is a little to much filling, that ended up on the bottom of my oven, even using a cookie sheet. I am about to make another one with a friend. I am about to make another one with a friend. Thanks again!
This was the answer to a prayer. Wonderful sweet and sour taste and so easy to make. My hubby says this is his favorite new pie. Thanks! Dolores
The addition of the eggs in the filling is a plus. The last pie I made was runny. Very easy to made, even if you made your own pie shell which I prefer.