Top Review by michelle baker
Excellent recipe! For my first Strawberry-Rhubarb pie experience. I did find however using store bought pie shells there is a little to much filling, that ended up on the bottom of my oven, even using a cookie sheet. I am about to make another one with a friend. I am about to make another one with a friend. Thanks again!
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 1⁄2 cups rhubarb, red, 1 inch slices
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups strawberries, fresh, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup enriched flour
- 1 9" pastry crust with lattice top
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine eggs, sugar, flour, salt, and nutmeg; mix well.
- Combine rhubarb and strawberries.
- Line 9" pie plate with pastry; fill with fruits.
- Pour egg mixture over.
- Dot with butter.
- Top with lattice crust, crimping edge high.
- Bake at 400 degrees about 40 minutes.
- Fill openings in lattice crust with whole strawberries.
- Serve warm- plain, or topped with vanilla ice cream.