1 hr 15 mins
This was delicious. Recipe courtesy of The Kitchn.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups rhubarb, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces or 3 stalks rhubarb
- 2 1/2 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour or 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 large egg yolk, beaten to blend with
- 1 teaspoon water, for glaze
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 unbaked homemade double crust pie crust
- 1Preheat oven to 450.
- 2Prepare the bottom crust by rolling out one of the pastry disks to an 11 inch circle.
- 3Nestle the crust inside the pan so about an inch hangs over the sides. Press the pastry down. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
- 4Mix the fruit with sugar, flour or cornstarch, and lemon zest. Using the times of a fork, poke the bottom of the pie crust evenly about 5 minutes. Pour the fruti mixture into the chilled pastry. Dot with the butter pieces.
- 5Moisten the edge of the bottom crust with a finger dipped in water. Put on the top pastry in one piece and slice in a few air vents, or in a lattice pattern, trim, and crimp the edges.
- 6Brush the egg glaze over the crust. Transfer the pie to a baking sheet.
- 7Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to 350 and bake another 30 minutes longer, or until crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
- 8Remove from the oven and cool on a rack before serving.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 543.5
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 40.9 mg
- Sodium 330.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 36.9 g
- Protein 5.9 g