Combined a few recipes and finally have a good recipe that is not too liquidy or too sweet.
Make and share this Strawberry Rhubarb Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups fresh rhubarb, chopped
- 3 cups fresh strawberries (in larger pieces)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons minute tapioca
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed small
- 1 egg white (beaten with 1 teaspoon water)
- 2 pie crusts
- Mix the rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, tapioca, flour, zest and juice of lemon, dash of cinnamon, and vanilla. Mix well in a large bowl and pour out into crust.
- Dot the top of the filling with the butter. Brush edges of pie crust with egg white wash.
- Cut second pie crust into strips and lay across pie. Use a fork to seal edges. Brush with egg white wash and garnish with large granule sugar.
- Collar with foil and bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes. Decrease temperature to 375 degrees F and bake for an additional 45 minutes, or until the filling starts bubbling. Let cool before serving.
Really, really good pie!