- 1 (9 inch) pastry for double-crust pie
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 4 cups fresh rhubarb, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups strawberries (halved)
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare crust and refrigerate. In a large bowl combine the sugar, flour, salt, and orange zest. Add rhubarb and strawberries. Toss lightly to combine.
- Spoon filling into chilled prepared pie crust. Dot with butter. Do top crust in lattice. Brush lattice with milk and sprinkle with sugar. Bake on the lower third of the oven for 15 minutes at 450 degrees. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for 50 minutes.