Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a rather tart version for those who prefer a tangier pie, as I chose to use double the rhubarb.
- 2 unbaked 9-inch pie shells
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 4 cups rhubarb, sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Clean and slice fruit and combine in large bowl.
- Mix sugar and flour in small bowl.
- Add sugar and flour mixture to fruit and stir to mix.
- Let the fruit mixture sit for about 10 minutes so the juices release.
- Pour the filling evenly into the crust.
- Make a top Lattice Crust.
- Roll the remaining pie crust and cut into 1/4 inch strips.
- Arrange the strips in a criss-cross lattice pattern on top of fruit. Use your fingers to connect the lattice strips to the edge of the bottom crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 425, then lower heat to 325 and bake for an additional 30-40 minutes.
This really was a delicious tasting strawberry rhubarb pie. I did however use 3 cups of sliced rhubarb, and 3 cups of sliced strawberries, and before baking pie in the oven, I used a pie shield, so the crust wouldn't get too dark. The end results, a delicious pie, yet so simple and easy to throw together. Thank you Smurfetta, for the recipe!