1/10 Photos of Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
An excellent pie to make when strawberries and rhubarb are at their peak. This delicious fruit-filled pie is a recipe from Canadian Living magazine, May 1993. You can substitute a plain top crust instead of the lattice top if you like; brush with the egg glaze and cut steam vents. Tip: Keep a clear plastic quilt ruler with your baking and cooking supplies to measure pastry strips for lattice pies, to measure squares or strips of dough, pastry, or pasta, or as a guide for cutting squares evenly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl, combine rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and cinnamon.
- 2On lightly floured surface, roll out half of the pastry and line a nine-inch pie plate.
- 3Spoon in filling.
- 4Roll out pastry for top crust; using pastry wheel or knife, cut into 1-inch wide strips.
- 5Brush pastry rim with some of the beaten egg.
- 6Gently weave strips over the pie to form lattice; trim and flute the edge.
- 7Brush lattice with beaten egg. Sprinkle top with sugar if using.
- 8Bake on a baking sheet with sides in a 425 degree Fahrenheit oven for 15 minutes. Tip: If you do not have a cookie sheet handy, make a drip catcher out of foil paper, larger than the bottom of the pie plate, and place it under the pie plate and up the sides loosely.
- 9Reduce heat to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 50 to 60 minutes longer or until rhubarb is tender, filling thickened, and the crust is golden.
- 10Let stand for 15 to 20 minutes before cutting.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.1
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 23.2 mg
- Sodium 12.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 35.7 g
- Protein 1.6 g