Recipe by ellie3763
from "no recipes" (ironically!) - http://norecipes.com/2009/06/09/stawberry-rhubarb-parmesan-crisp-recipe/
- 1 lb strawberry, cored and quartered
- 1 cup rhubarb, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (more if your strawberries aren't ripe)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup old-fashioned oatmeal (not the quick cook kind)
- 1⁄2 ounce grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the oven rack in the middle position and preheat to 350 degrees F.
- Toss the strawberries and rhubarb with the sugar and cornstarch in a glass 9×9 baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix the oatmeal, Parmigiano-Reggiano, and brown sugar until combined. Stir the vanilla into the melted butter then pour this mixture over the oats. Quickly stir together until it’s all wet and clumpy.
- Scatter the mixture over the strawberries then put the baking dish in the oven until the strawberries are bubbling and the top has crisped (about 20 minutes).
- Enjoy with some vanilla ice cream or a dollop of creme fraiche.