The rhubarb shoots emerging in my garden prompted me to post this recipe from Christine Cushing. I haven't tried it yet - but very soon! Christine suggests sprinkling crushed amaretti cookies between the layers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Strawberry Rhubarb Compote
- 3/4 cup rhubarb, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 3/4 cups strawberries, quartered
- 1/2 lemon, zest of
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1Strawberry Rhubarb Compote: In a medium saucepan over medium low heat add rhubarb, strawberries, cinnamon stick, sugar, cornstarch and lemon zest; stir the mixture occasionally so not to burn.
- 2Cook until rhubarb is soft and mixture thickens, about 8 to 10 minutes; cool completely& remove cinnamon stick.
- 3Cream Layer: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment (or alternatively with an electric hand mixer), whip cream until soft peaks start to form.
- 4Add icing sugar and increase speed to high; continue to whip cream into firm peaks.
- 5Fold crème fraiche and Grand Marnier into whipped cream.
- 6Assembly: Divide 1/3 of the cream layer equally into 6 parfait glasses; divide half the strawberry rhubarb compote equally on top of the layers of the cream layer.
- 7Divide another 1/3 of the cream on top of the layers of the strawberry rhubarb compote; divide remaining half of strawberry rhubarb compote equally on top of the layers of cream.
- 8Divide the remaining 1/3 the cream equally on top of the strawberry compote mixture.
- 9Garnish each parfait with a whole strawberry, sprig of lemon balm and cookie (optional).
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.6
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 81.5 mg
- Sodium 23.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 22.7 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of