Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a take on my original Strawberry/Rhubarb jam recipe, and it is one of the most delicious jams I've made so far! The flavors are amazing - strawberry, rhubarb, orange, and honey, with just a little cinnamon. Super easy to make and you won't be disappointed. This recipe makes 8 half pint jars.
- 946.36 ml rhubarb (approx. 2 pounds)
- 946.36 ml strawberries (approx. 2 pounds)
- 78.07 ml lemon juice
- 473.18 ml honey (room temp)
- 118.29 ml orange juice
- 19.71 ml orange zest
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 27.10 ml pectin
- Dice rhubarb and place in pan with a little water over medium heat and cook until tender.
- Slice strawberries in quarters and then mash slightly and add to pan with rhubarb.
- Add lemon juice and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce eat and cook for about 20-30 minutes. Mixture will start to get thick.
- Add orange juice, zest, and cinnamon to pan and stir together. Continue cooking.
- In separate bowl, combine honey and pectin. I use sage honey, but clover would be good as well. You want to use a light colored honey.
- Add honey/pectin to the jam mixture and stir. Cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and fill jars to 1/4" of top. Recipe makes eight 8oz. jars.
- Wipe rims clean and screw on 2-piece lids.
- Submerge sealed jars into hot water at 200 degrees (or boiling) for 10 minutes. You will hear a "pop" sound once jars are removed from water - that is when the lids are sealed. Let cool on your kitchen counter.
I made this today and it was awesome! Very easy and the orange juice and zest as well as using the honey to sweeten instead of sugar gave it very complex and bright flavors. I was worried because the berries I was using didn't have as much of that yummy strawberry flavor that I prefer but when it all came together this was just delicious! Can't wait to make it again this spring when I can use the berries and rhubarb fresh from my own garden! Definitely worth trying this one if you haven't already.