Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a take on my original Strawberry/Rhubarb jam recipe, and it is one of the most delicious jams I've made so far! The flavors are amazing - strawberry, rhubarb, orange, and honey, with just a little cinnamon. Super easy to make and you won't be disappointed. This recipe makes 8 half pint jars.
- Dice rhubarb and place in pan with a little water over medium heat and cook until tender.
- Slice strawberries in quarters and then mash slightly and add to pan with rhubarb.
- Add lemon juice and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce eat and cook for about 20-30 minutes. Mixture will start to get thick.
- Add orange juice, zest, and cinnamon to pan and stir together. Continue cooking.
- In separate bowl, combine honey and pectin. I use sage honey, but clover would be good as well. You want to use a light colored honey.
- Add honey/pectin to the jam mixture and stir. Cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and fill jars to 1/4" of top. Recipe makes eight 8oz. jars.
- Wipe rims clean and screw on 2-piece lids.
- Submerge sealed jars into hot water at 200 degrees (or boiling) for 10 minutes. You will hear a "pop" sound once jars are removed from water - that is when the lids are sealed. Let cool on your kitchen counter.