Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are soo good especially when made with in season fruit!!!!!!
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup chopped rhubarb
- 3⁄4 cup sliced strawberry
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- Mix flour,sugar& baking powder together in a large bowl.
- Combine egg, milk & oil in a small bowl.
- Stir this into flour mixture with a fork just until moistened.
- Fold in rhubarb & strawberries.
- Pour into greased muffin tins.
- sprinkle top with a bit of white sugar.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
This is such a good recipe!!! I also altered it. I doubled the recipe, used half quick cooking rolled oats and half flour, and added 2 tsp vanilla. Sprinkledthe top with brown sugar cinnamon and butter mixture...AWESOME!!!!
These were very good. The only problem I had was that the oven temperature wasn't listed. I found a similar recipe and went a head and baked them at 400. I really liked that they weren't overly sweet. Thanks for the recipe!