Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
What a wonderful way to start your morning! Add a cup of hot tea and a fruit cup and you're all set!
- 414.03 ml flour
- 12.32 ml baking powder
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 3.69 ml salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 177.44 ml milk
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 177.44 ml minced rhubarb
- 118.29 ml sliced strawberry
- 6 small strawberries, cut in half
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine egg, milk, and oil in a small bowl; stir into flour mixture with a fork JUST until moistened.
- Fold in rhubarb and sliced strawberries.
- Fill paper lined muffin tins 2/3 full with batter.
- Press a strawberry half gently into top of each muffin.
- Sprinkle tops generously with sugar.
- Bake until golden, about 20- 25 minutes.
- Cool before serving.
Made these for Easter morning (with the leftover fruits for a pie). These were very easy to make. I took a hint from ksparker's advice and coated the strawberries and rhubarb in 1/8 cup of sugar before mixing it into the mix. No tartness here. :) Thanks for this delightful recipe to unberry ourselves. :)
I used frozen strawberries instead of the fresh and they were marvelous. Great recipe!
I made these for the church Easter breakfast. These were very easy to make. For fun I baked some in my scone pan. They tasted more like a biscuit then a muffin. I like more of a moist cinnamon flavor with rhubarb. Overall tasty but I will work on the sugar and spice next time.