Recipe by Michelle S.
What a wonderful way to start your morning! Add a cup of hot tea and a fruit cup and you're all set!
Top Review by Tarteausucre
Made these for Easter morning (with the leftover fruits for a pie). These were very easy to make. I took a hint from ksparker's advice and coated the strawberries and rhubarb in 1/8 cup of sugar before mixing it into the mix. No tartness here. :) Thanks for this delightful recipe to unberry ourselves. :)
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup minced rhubarb
- 1⁄2 cup sliced strawberry
- 6 small strawberries, cut in half
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine egg, milk, and oil in a small bowl; stir into flour mixture with a fork JUST until moistened.
- Fold in rhubarb and sliced strawberries.
- Fill paper lined muffin tins 2/3 full with batter.
- Press a strawberry half gently into top of each muffin.
- Sprinkle tops generously with sugar.
- Bake until golden, about 20- 25 minutes.
- Cool before serving.