Top Review by Parris Original
I tried this today. I used just regular graham crackers that I crushed. I replaced the 1/2 cup sugar with 1/2 cup of Splenda. The rest I follow as directed. Everyone loved it. I was a light & tasty dessert.
- canola oil cooking spray
- 1 cup gluten-free graham cracker crumbs
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup rhubarb, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup egg white
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a 9" pie plate with cooking spray.
- Pour in crumbs and press to form an even layer.
- Bake in a preheated 375* F oven for 10 minutes.
- Mash 1 1/2 cups strawberries with rhubarb, salt, and 1/2 cup sugar in a pot over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil; stir in gelatin.
- Remove from heat; add 1 tsp vanilla and remaining strawberries.
- Mix egg whites and cream of tartar in a bowl; beat until soft peaks form.
- Add remaining sugar and remaining vanilla; beat until stiff.
- Spoon berries onto piecrust; top with meringue.
- Bake for an additional 12 minutes.
- Let cool; refrigerate at least 3 hours.