Recipe by Suse40
This combines the elements of strawberry-rhubarb pie and lemonade into an easy-to-bake treat that is part pie, part fruit crumble. Best with ice cream on top! Unfortunately, fresh rhubarb is near impossible to find in Florida.....
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed (each package contains 2 sheets)
- 2 lbs fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1 lb fresh rhubarb, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a 9x9 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the thawed sheet of puff pastry to 9x9 inches.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the strawberries, rhubarb, sugar and salt. Heat, stirring gently now and then, until the fruit is tender and bubbling, about 7 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice and cornstarch. Stir into simmering fruit. Simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 1 minute.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spoon the prepared mixture into the prepared pan.
- Place the pastry over the top, then sprinkle with 1 TBSP sugar. Using a paring knife, cut a couple of vent holes in the pastry.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown.
- Spoon into bowls and serve warm or at room temperature.