1/1 Photo of Strawberry & Rhubarb Jam
Lisa Clarice's Note:
One of my favorite combinations - strawberry and rhubarb! This recipe makes six 8oz jars (maybe a little more) and is incredibly delicious. Low in sugar and I use 5 to 6 tsp pectin. I don't like sweet jam, so add more sugar if you want it to be sweeter. Rhubarb is a short season (April-July) so get cooking - don't let it pass you by! Enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dice rhubarb and place in pan over medium heat with 1/2 cup lemon juice.
- 2Slice strawberries in quarters and then mash slightly. Measure out 5 to 6 cups of mashed berries and add to pan with rhubarb.
- 3Stir. Let mixture come to a boil.
- 4In separate bowl, mix together 2 cups sugar and 5 teaspoons pectin.
- 5Add sugar/pectin mixture to the strawberry and rhubarb pan.
- 6Stir together and let come to a boil - turn down heat and let cook for about 25 minutes.
- 7Remove from heat and fill jars to 1/4" of top. Recipe makes six 8oz. jars.
- 8Wipe rims clean and screw on 2-piece lids.
- 9Submerge sealed jars into hot water at 200 degrees (or boiling) for 10 minutes. You will hear a "pop" sound once jars are removed from water - that is when the lids are sealed. Let cool on your kitchen counter.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry & Rhubarb Jam
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.9
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 63.8 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: