1/1 Photo of Strawberry & Rhubarb Jam
Lisa Clarice's Note:
One of my favorite combinations - strawberry and rhubarb! This recipe makes six 8oz jars (maybe a little more) and is incredibly delicious. Low in sugar and I use 5 to 6 tsp pectin. I don't like sweet jam, so add more sugar if you want it to be sweeter. Rhubarb is a short season (April-July) so get cooking - don't let it pass you by! Enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dice rhubarb and place in pan over medium heat with 1/2 cup lemon juice.
- 2Slice strawberries in quarters and then mash slightly. Measure out 5 to 6 cups of mashed berries and add to pan with rhubarb.
- 3Stir. Let mixture come to a boil.
- 4In separate bowl, mix together 2 cups sugar and 5 teaspoons pectin.
- 5Add sugar/pectin mixture to the strawberry and rhubarb pan.
- 6Stir together and let come to a boil - turn down heat and let cook for about 25 minutes.
- 7Remove from heat and fill jars to 1/4" of top. Recipe makes six 8oz. jars.
- 8Wipe rims clean and screw on 2-piece lids.
- 9Submerge sealed jars into hot water at 200 degrees (or boiling) for 10 minutes. You will hear a "pop" sound once jars are removed from water - that is when the lids are sealed. Let cool on your kitchen counter.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry & Rhubarb Jam
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.9
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 63.8 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: