Recipe by Keolani
This is from the Ball Blue Book. It's easy and a great way to use up that rhubarb. Make plenty because it will disappear fast. With jams and jellies it is always a good idea to do each batch separatly. Cooking times are just a guess.
- 4 cups strawberries, crushed
- 2 cups rhubarb, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package dry pectin
- 5 1⁄2 cups sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine strawberries, rhubarb, lemon juice and pectin in a large saucepot.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add sugar, stirring until dissolved. Return to a rolling boil.
- Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Skim foam if necessary.
- Ladle hot jam into hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- Adjust two-piece caps.
- Process 10 minutes in water bath.