A delicious, sweet jam. You could make this tart by only adding 5 cups sugar, instead of the 7. *If you do use less sugar, you will have less final product.
- Let jars, rims and lids stand in hot water until they are ready to be filled.
- Measure the Strawberries and Rhubarb into a 6-8qt saucepan.
- Stir pectin into fruit.
- Bring to a rolling boil.
- Using a blender wand or hand masher break up the rhubarb.
- Add sugar.
- Return to a full boil and boil 1 minute.
- (It will increase in size.).
- After 1 minute of boiling, remove from heat and immediately ladle into jars leaving space of 1/8" at the top.
- Put rims and seals on jar and tighten as much as possible.
- Invert jars for 5 minutes then turn upright.
- Let sit for 24 hours before serving.