Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Bursting wtih fresh fruit, sweet, cold and light on a hot Summer Day!
Make and share this Strawberry Rhubarb Ice Pops recipe from Food.com.
- In pan, bring rhubarb, sugar and water to boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10-15 minutes, or till mix is blended and thick. COOL.
- Set aside 3/4 C (save the remaining rhubarb for another use). In bowl, combine yoghurt, applesauce, strawberries and reserved rhubarb mix and food coloring.
- Fill molds or cups with about 1/4 C fruit mix; top with holders or insert a popsicle stick into each cup. Freeze.
- 8 pops: per pop: 69 calories/0 fat/3mg chole/1g fiber/2g prot/16g carbo
- (I believe this is Taste of Home).
Very sweet, cool treat. Used plain yogurt since I forgot to get strawberry, but we didn't miss it. Make sure you cover the pops with saran wrap if they won't be eaten right away, just so they don't dry out in the freezer. What a novel way to use my rhubarb!