Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
It takes a little bit of time but its worth it and lf.
- 2 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1 pint ripe strawberry (rinsed, hulled, sliced)
- 1⁄3 cup Grand Marnier
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (more or less to taste)
- In a 3 quart saucepan combine all ingredients.
- Heat mixture to boiling over medium heat stirring occasionally.
- Continue to cook until mixture bubbles and thickens,about 10 minutes.
- Remove mixture from heat and cool to room temp.
- Puree mixture in food processor with chopping blade (or in blender).
- Pour into container of ice-cream make and process into ice following manufacturers directions.
- Transfer to freezer container and freeze.
- Without an ice-cream maker, pour mixture into an 8 inch square metal pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Freeze mixture until firm.
- Break mixture into 1 inch chunks.
- Process frozen chunks in food processor (chopping blade) until smooth and fluffy.
- Put back in freezer until serving time.
- Just before serving let ice stand at room temp for 15 minutes to soften slightly.